Steel laser cutting is by far the most accurate way to cut sheet metal. Our 4,000-watt laser can cut steel up to .875 inch thick, stainless up to .700 of an inch thick and aluminum up to .625 of an inch thick. It can also cut copper, brass and titanium.
The parts you are watching being laser cut in the video are twenty gauge mild steel. We can also use our laser as a laser engraver to etch letters numbers and designs into the metal.
Laser cutting is known for having the highest accuracy in cutting sheet metal, and with this higher-watt, versatile fiber optic laser, we can achieve closer tolerance than ever and excellent repeatability, three times faster.
Tampa Sheet Metal Machine
FOL 3015 AJ
The FOL AJ is engineered to produce the highest quality parts at unmatched speed while reducing operating costs and environmental waste. The benefits of fiber laser technology are:
- Faster cutting of thin material (2 to 4 times that of a comparable 4000 W CO2 laser)
- Superior speed and edge quality in material thicknesses up to 7/8″ compared to other solid-state systems
- P.R.E. (Process Range Expansion) by providing the ability to laser cut copper, brass, titanium and other materials that were previously difficult to process
- No optics or space inside the cavity of the laser source – eliminating costs associated with mirrors and downtime for alignment of optics
- The reduction of environmentally harmful emissions due to it’s solid-state technology—which does not require laser gas to generate the laser beam
- Less power is consumed than its CO2 counterpart. Since there are no optics to keep cool, a smaller, more efficient chiller further enhances cost savings
- With all three axes driven by linear drives, it boasts rapid traverse speeds of 13,380″/min. and a 5G acceleration speed for the entire work envelope — making it the fastest 5´ x 10´ laser system available
- The wear of components typically associated with ball-screw or rack and pinion systems has been eliminated
- An auto-nozzle changer automatically changes nozzles based on material cut conditions ensuring that the laser does not sit idle while waiting for an operator to setup for the next job
- The shuttle tables externalize the material setup, eliminating interference with the cutting process
- AMADA’s AJ2000 and AJ4000 oscillators (fiber engines) drastically reduce electrical consumption (1/ 3 the amount of energy consumed by the typical CO2 oscillators)
Steel laser cutting has revolutionized the sheet metal industry, offering closer tolerance parts and excellent repeatability.
Prior to the invention of the fiber laser, the lower the wattage the lower the cost to operate the laser. That has changed drastically; the fiber optics are three times faster than a conventional laser. Therefore, when it comes to steel laser cutting, we not only excel in speed but also in the economy department. We offer very competitive prices on laser cutting and laser engraving.
Our team is ready and excited to earn your business.
We hope you enjoyed the video. Thanks for watching!